Meet Our Doctors
Get to know your board-certified allergist!
Bruce D. Ball, MD
Dr. Ball is board-certified in allergy, asthma, and immunology for both pediatrics and adults. He attended the University of Virginia for his undergraduate degree and received his medical degree from the Medical University of South Carolina. He then went on to complete three years of residency in pediatrics at the University of Texas Health Sciences – Houston, followed by one year of practicing general pediatrics in Houston. He then went on to complete a three-year fellowship in adult and pediatric allergy and clinical immunology at National Jewish Health/University of Colorado.
He is trained in all aspects of allergy, asthma and immunology and has been elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® every year for more than 20 years. He is the recipient of many local awards. He has been voted Best Allergist in Mount Pleasant Magazine, Charleston’s Choice and Charleston Living Magazine. He has received the Mom’s Choice award from Lowcountry Parent Magazine and Best of Berkeley for Berkeley Independent.
A local Charlestonian, he has four grown children with his wife, Mitzi, whom he has been married to for over 30 years. You can often find him playing squash before patients, so after work he can get home to spend quality time with his family.
Education & Training
- University of Virginia - Bachelor of Science
- Medical University of South Carolina - Doctor
- University of Texas Health Services - Pediatric Residency
- The National Jewish Center of Immunology and Respiratory Medicine - Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy/Immunology
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology Board Certified
- American Board of Pediatrics Board Certified
- South Carolina State Medical License
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Charleston County Medical Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- Medical Society of South Carolina