- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup carob powder (we used Chafield’s)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (we used Enjoy life dark chocolate)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs or 4 tbsp egg replacer (we used egg replacer)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (we used sea salt)
- Makes 12 servings – Free of most top allergens (contains wheat)
Although they were a bit crumbly and did not set quite like a traditional brownie, they still tasted delicious! We cooked a bit over the cook time of 20-22 minutes and went as long as 25 minutes.
If you would prefer a less rich version, definitely use semi-sweet or milk chocolate. The dark chocolate along with the carob powder made these very rich but that was a-ok with our taste testers!
Have a food allergy friendly recipe you’d like us to try? Send it to us!